what is this?


Sometimes, we do not place clauses and phrases properly. So, in this post, I will explain you all about How-to Place Clauses and Phrases correctly. We can place Phrases and clauses in such a way that they relate to the words they modify.
I will give you some a task. Please move a phrase or clause in each of these sentences so that they will make sense.
1. They saw many kinds of birds flying in the blue sky.
2. They gave all the left-over food to a cat that was ready to throw away.
3. Diana took the meatball back to the seller that was too small to cook.
4. I bought a watch from a dealer with crooked hands.
5. We shall meet again God willing.
6. I read that the terrorist had been killed in the paper.
7. I could see the mountain clearly flying at a thousand feet.

Here are the answers of exercise on how to place clauses and phrases correctly:
1. Flying in the blue sky, they saw many kinds of birds.
2. They gave all the left-over food that was ready to throw away to a cat.
3. Diana took the meatball that was too small to cook back to the seller.
4. I bought a watch with crooked hands from a dealer.
5. God willing we shall meet again.
6. I read in the paper that the terrorist had been killed.
7. Flying at a thousand feet I could see the mountain clearly.

Comments

No Responses to “How to Place Clauses and Phrases Properly”

Leave a Reply

Popular Posts